I remember when I was probably 14 or 15, I knew mom was working on a sewing project. She had made a dress and it called for a cowl neckline but she didn't like cowl necklines so she put a facing on it and just made a regular neckline. She did a really good job on it.
I would have killed my kids if they walked into my bedroom unannounced like I did that day, but that was the habit. The first thing I saw was mom standing there trying on her dress. She had done such a good job making the neckline perfect, and since cowl necklines didn't have zippers - well the only problem was the neck opening was too small. She tried her best to force her head through the opening, I walked in just at that moment when she was getting frustrated with it and just trying to make it work. I fell on the bed laughing my head off, it looked pretty funny. She got so mad at me, she just said "shut up and get out!!!" I couldn't move. We laughed about it later, but she then had to modify the modification, I don't remember ever seeing her wear that dress after that.
This entry was posted
on Saturday, August 28, 2010
at 4:17 PM
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
About Tippetts Snippets
Here you'll find bits, scraps & morsels of family history. Post your memories, pictures and family happenings. Comment privileges are open to everyone but to become a blog author, please send your email address to Ike Tippetts and he will send you an invitation from the site. All family members are welcome to join.
Snippet Followers
Tippetts Snippets. Powered by Blogger.