The Honey House  

Posted by ikeTipps in

On Jul 27, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Michele Tippetts Corbett wrote:

Well, I talked to mom and I'm going to talk more with my folks about our area. The 40 acres that grandpa and grandma Tippetts' house sits on belonged to our great grandpa Johnson.

He gave that property to grandma because she was always so good to him. Your original home was Honey Bee Johnsons honey house that he processed his honey in. There was a little log house kind of behind this bee house, that grandpa and grandma lived in while building their home.

Evidently the folks have a photo that shows your dad standing next to this bee house before it was moved that shows a corner of the little log house. The log house that was west of the folks' place, at different times, served as a school and also a church where the Lutherans met.

I can remember the dirt road where the highway is now, and where we would trail the cattle to Dryhead and ford the river because of no bridge. Man, I'm starting to remember stuff here. I'll talk to the folks some more and keep you informed.

Michele Tippetts Corbett



I can't argue with your mom, she has never lied to me. Thanks for enlightening me. I'm anxious to learn more. Makes me wish I had listened more and asked more questions.

Tom Tippetts


This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment